sabato 10 aprile 2021

Gyaru Q&A + co*des

 
Today is another special post :D I want to start making gyaru challenges! I'm getting bored (not really, just a bit XD) of making only coords/dailylife posts (also cuz I can't go out a lot lol), so I decided to write down some small challenges to entertain myself XDDD This is the first "template/scheme", it's obviously really easy and not a real challenge but I thought it could be useful if you want to introduce yourself or you don't have any ideas for a blogpost XD
So let's start! I'll show you mine :D

 
Your Nickname/Gyaru/Blogger name: Leia
Birthday: 10th August
Zodiac Sign/Blood Type: Leo - A+
Your Style: "General" Gyarukei, cuz I can switch from a style to another (kurogal, onee, agejo, amekaji etc) 
Fav Style: Rokku/Gilfy style
Fav Era/Year: Absolutely 2009!! It was the most glamorous year imho! The outfits were all pretty OTT and SO CREATIVE! 
Top 5 Jap Gyaru models:
CHIE YOSHIKAWA/GURI FROM GURI&GURA TWINS
SHE IS SUNSHINE. PURE SMILE AND CUTENESS. I can't really explain how much I love her, she's totally my type, I would die to date her!! She's also really sensitive and tender, and she seems really attached to her family ;u; I absolutely adore her sense of style, I love than she wears a lot of styles too! When I really don't know what to wear I always look at her blog first 
YUMACHI💕 Another small ray of sunshine  I'm so in love with her, I mean have you ever seen a girl cute like her?? 
AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT HER HAIR 
KANAKO CHAN. Sunshine pt. 3 (LOL). I admire SOOOO much her DJ career (I mean, a lot of gyaru models did that too, but how many in a professional, steady way? If you look for her pics most of them resemble her at dj console, I wish I could see/hear one of her performances T_T I also like her haady style, she looks so funny and carefree! I'm also quite sure she's a dancer or a fitness expert too (in an EGG issue I have she trains some fellow models LMAO) 
SAKURINA. Don't let me start talking about Sakurina XDDDD she is the gyaru who made me start gyaru (along with the next gal) 
And probably she was the reason I felt in love with rokku too lol I absolutely love her Ghost of Harlem shootings, she's perfect under so many aspects AAAAAAA I CAN'T! Her nails, her hair, her MAKEUP!! I mean, LOOK AT HER!! 
RAN KOTOBUKI. Ok now you'll say "wow, she wrote this and already made a mistake lmao" but even if she's fictional she deserves a special place here (with my favorite coord of her)! She introduced me to gyaru (me as probably all the other gaijin gyarus XD) and made me fell in love with it thanks to her incredible coords and her strong personality! When I want to wear "OTT" old school style I always look up at her or her friends Aya and Miyu~ I mean, I bought an AlbaRosa sweater just because it was similar to the one she wears in this art LMAO
Fav Magazine: ...are you really asking that (to whom am I even talking?) 
It's EGG! I prefer it cuz it's more "general" than other magazines like Popteen (which seems more sweet to me) and AGEHA (which just talks about agejo) 
Top 5 Brands:
Absolutely Maison Gilfy cuz rokku is life
Roxy which is a branch of the brand Quicksilver (which sells surf/snowboard clothing) and sells a lot of girl clothing (surf/hibiscus themed), great for surf-kei 
MA*RS cuz seems like I can't let go of agejo XD
DATURA cuz it's perfect for my work
LIP SERVICE because through the years it switched from onee to rokku a lot, and all they pieces are beautiful imho! 
Top 5 Inspo Coords: 
God this is hard XD First obviously 2009 Chie XD
 This pretty gal I never got to know T__T anybody knows if she has a blog???
Sakurina x Ghost of Harlem which drives me crazy 
Yumachiiii 
And Chie again XD this time from 2010/2011 I think 

Top 5 Your Coords:
I made a collage cuz I already posted them lmao you can also see that I wear a lot of styles ^^"
Top 5 Fashion/Must-Have Items:
Hats (in particular fur hats, ponpon beanie, slouchy ponpon hats, baseball hats, straw hats and cowboy hats) 
Belts (especially d.i.a and MA*RS ones, but I saw worn a lot also simple chain belts with pendants!) 
A nice, straight denim skirt, it goes well with almost every co*de
Colorful tshirts with patterns like this one (that I just bought XD)
Boyfriend denim pants, cuz Tsubasa wore them a lot and they look great with pumps
Top 5 Gyaru Goals:
1. Get back my gyaru hair, I need to dye it in a lighter color and add some exte ><
2. More amekaji/surfkei clothing cuz I want to explore more those substyles
3. Get a nice tan in a hisalo (and not wait for summer&beach) 
4. Wearing pumps more often (I'm not good at walking in heels ;u;) 
5. Get better in coordination, especially with accessories cuz I'm not always totally satisfied with them
Top 5 Gyaru Achievements:
1. I can do my whole makeup in less than 30 minutes xD
2. A good collection of hats, bags and shoes (?) which go well with almost every style 
3. A good collection of magazines for constant inspo
4. I can do by myself some accessories 
5. I think I'm getting better at nail art? XD not totally sure but surely it's better than before XDDD 
Last 5 Gyaru gets:
Lip Service top and suspenders skirt cuz I live in 2009
Gilfy dress cuz I'm a fanatic
Big nerdy glasses cuz they're cuteeee and I need more glasses
2009 MAY EGG asdgfheljsh I can't wait to get my hands on it aaaaa I'M GONNA SPAM IT EVERYWHERE
5 items from your Gyaru Wishlist:
1. BACKS denim setup!! Chie has the same ;w;
2. Liz Lisa Fleece dress
3. GLAD NEWS stars leather skirt
4. Leopard tutu skirt/sukapan (also I want it in white lace but I can't find a pic) 
5. Nicola Docomo phone... But it costs too much, I don't think I'll be able to get it 😅
Suggestions for a beginner gyaru:
- do a lot of style research! Read blogs (especially Japanese gal blogs), search on pinterest or Google, read magazines! Once you got "used" to the style it will be way more easy to do cute coords! 
- don't rush over buying brands! Better invest your money in better makeup since a lot of gyaru pieces can be found similar in other western brands~ try searching for Roxy if you like AlbaRosa/old school style, for Rosebud (but also old Bershka stuff) if you like rokku or Stradivarius if you like himekaji/roma/country style (and those are just a few examples) 
- try wearing circle lenses, trust me they can make the difference! A brown pair makes a Liz Lisa coord way more himekaji and sweet, a grey pair makes a Lip Service/onee coord waaaay more sexier and so on. It's all about looks (literally lmao) 
- look up at gyaru models makeup tutorials and try searching for similar lashes (even if they are not brand, aliexpress sells so many models that you can find the right model), pls don't wear reversed thick upper lashes as bottom lashes (something I saw a lot back in the past), your aim should be looking like the models on mags, no? 
- starting from the models inspiration, be creative! Try hairstyles, eye shadow, different styles of makeup (cuz through the years it changed a lot, from a more simple without lashes back in the early '00 to the heavy style in' 10 to the actual, toned down style), try to make similar coords with the clothing you already have, have fun! 

 
Here's the code of this Q&A if you want to do it too :D just copy-paste it in the HTML section of your blogpost editor:
<b>Your Nickname/Gyaru/Blogger name:</b></div><div><b>Birthday:</b></div><div><b>Zodiac Sign/Blood Type:</b></div><div><b>Your Style:</b></div><div><b>Fav Style:</b></div><div><b>Fav Era/Year:</b> (explain why if you want)&nbsp;</div><div><b>Top 5 Jap Gyaru models:</b></div><div><b>Fav Magazine:</b></div><div><b>Top 5 Brands:</b></div><div><b>Top 5 Inspo Coords:</b> (not your coords but of other gyarus)&nbsp;</div><div><b>Top 5 Your Coords:</b></div><div><b>Top 5 Fashion/Must-Have Items:</b></div><div><b>Top 5 Gyaru Goals:</b></div><div><b>Top 5 Gyaru Achievements:</b></div><div><b>Last 5 Gyaru gets:</b></div><div><b>5 items from your Gyaru Wishlist:</b></div><div><b>Suggestions for a beginner gyaru:</b> (if you're a beginner and don't know what to write you can skip this question, or reverse it to ask for suggestions yourself!)</div>
If you do it pls share it with me! I'm so curious!! :D


Anyway while I'm here I'm also posting yesterday's co*de too :D
 
Hat: arancioviola - Top: Flea Market, customized by me - Skirt: Cecil McBee
Belt: MA*RS - Necklace: d.i.a - Boots: Local Shop - Acce: 1$store, earrings made by me

I was inspired by a coord Chie made in 2009:
Obviously her co*de is cuter 🤣 I'll try again 
And this is today's co*de:
 
Hat: bought from Georgiepiyo - Shirt: Pull&Bear - Sweater: Please
Skirt: Cecil McBee - Boots, acce: Flea Market, aliexpress, 1$store
Bag: Arda Wigs for 10th Anniversary

Oh one last thing! I made myself new nails, this time blackxpurple rokku because I got all my nail polishes back lol
They're more glittery irl but somehow my cellphone camera can't catch them :/ and excuse my ugly hand/nails lol
Now I have to go and do some grocery shopping XD god I finished all the food this week LMAO
See you soon and have a great weekend!

UPDATE!
Lizzie accepted the challenge! Her Q&A here  
Kieli accepted the challenge! Her Q&A here 
Reila accepted the challenge! Her Q&A here 
Rinmero accepted the challenge! Her Q&A here 


13 commenti:

  1. Omggggg I love this challenge so so much! I'm going to try and do mine this week *3*
    Also, I share your love for gurigura THEY ARE SO AMAZING OMG <33333333

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Ahhh I can't wait to read it 😍 I'm happy to hear that you like the challenge! I have other 2 challenges in coming, I hope you'll like those too! Thanks for reading!

      Elimina
  2. Omg this challenge is amazing! I also love belts so much I bought both D.I.A and Ma*rs ones I cant get enough of them.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you so much 💕💕 I'm so happy my challenge received such a positive response! And I love those belts too lmao I already own a lot but I need moaaar
      Thanks for reading!

      Elimina
  3. Thank you for this! I did it for my blog too~

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Uhhh I'll go reading it now! I'm happy you liked it 💕

      Elimina
  4. I thought I commented here before but I love this challenge and it was really fun to read you! Already did mine and I really enjoyed it! (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Ahaha I'm glad you liked it! I already read yours and it was so cute and inspiring! Maybe I did a good thing xD
      Thanks for reading (and joining the challenge)!

      Elimina
  5. Wow, a lot of pics for inspo 😍😍😍 I feel tempted to try this Gyaru Card challenge too ^^

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I'm happy to share inspo :D If you join the challenge pls let me know!! I totally want to read your version :D
      Thanks for reading!

      Elimina
  6. Thank you so much for making this challenge! I had a lot of fun doing it~

    RispondiElimina