domenica 28 febbraio 2021

It's GILFY b*tch


Hello again ahahah omg I'm posting so much XD I don't know why after 4 years of no blogging at all now I feel so inspired ahahahah

I have some planned posts and this is one I wanted to do so much: a GILFY inspo post!

What is GILFY?

If still there is somebody who doesn't know it XD GILFY or Maison Gilfy is a japanese gyaru brand which was productive between 2003-2015; its style was very rock-ish and grunge so it was really popular in 2008-2009 and then in 2013, when rokku gyaru was the trend 

 
Big staple items in its fashion were pompom hats, motor/Jack Daniels-style print t-shirts and black bombers

 
Patterns were preferably plaid, starts, dots, checkered print, stripes, animal prints, union jack and american flags, sometimes you could also see crosses or skulls (but more as patches or accessories)
What I like the most is that it looks so fierce and "hardcore" but still so casual
 
 
One of my favourite references for Gilfy is Chie Yoshikawa (or Guri from Guri&Gura Ageha twin models)
I love how she combines Gilfy clothes with particular tights and comfy flat shoes, all in rock fashion

 
Look how many different hairstyles! 
 
 
It's not unusual to see Disney prints combined with Gilfy, for a bittersweet touch
 
Some more inspo from GILFY models, here you can see also the use of rock accessories like studs, crosses and chains, not lots of accessories, just a couple of right, outstanding acce, like a particular tie or a big special pendant (obviously rockstyle):

 
OMG THIS NECKLACE IS A MUST HAVE ITEM 
 
 
I tried to make two GILFY outfits, I like the first more but I still need improvement for both lol


Hat, top, necklace: GILFY - Jacket: Terranova
Skirt: GOLDS Infinity
Boots: Gothic Vintage Shop

Hat, skirt, star necklace: GILFY - Top: Cache Cache
Vest: One Way - Acce: 1$ store
 

And that's all! What do you think? Do you like this brand?

Now I'll go cook my lunch XD see you next post and have a great day!

6 commenti:

  1. I love Chie SO much! I feel like she looks great in absolutely anything, whether that's himekaji or in rokku! Her fashion coords are the best I swear. I really liked Gilfy but back then I didn't really know how to buy stuff... Nowadays, I'm not really into rokku, but they always have the coolest outfits! I love love love your co*de!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I know right??? She's absolutely perfect in everything T__T I also love how her and her sister coords their outfits as twins ;_; always matching even if they're not the same aaaawww
      Thank u for appreciating my coords btw, they're not the best I made but I'm glad you liked them!

      Elimina
  2. So cute! I really love the twin ageha models, but omg so much inspo! I love rokku but have never really tried, gilfy. I will try now!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I love them too!! Chie's blog is so full of pics omg omg I can't stop reading it XD btw I can't wait to see some coords made by you :D

      Elimina
  3. So many items I didn't realize was from this brand! I love a lot of these - especially that star one!!!!

    RispondiElimina
  4. *___* I love GILFY! It's my favorite gyaru brand ever! Loved the post, and your coords are super cool! Chie and her sister are gorgeous, love all their outfits! Also love models from those years like Mai Miyagi or Maiko Takahashi (they modeled a lot with Gilfy).

    Ciao! <3

    RispondiElimina