domenica 21 febbraio 2021

EGG 10/12 inspo (pics heavy)

Goodmorning!

 

I woke up so late today I'm confused XD I should go at my parents house in a while but I wanted to blog first so here I am, writing this post with my morning coffee

So, as the title says, today I want to share some pics from my October 2012 EGG issue! I don't speak any japanese so I can't translate anything, but if you need more pictures and details let me know! I'll try to scan it somehow (at home I don't have a scanner)
I'll just post all the outfits/makeup pages ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ and it's already a heavy post like this lol trust me

 LET'S START

10/12 cover

Back in 2012 this issue was so popular in gaijin comm due to the d.i.a mirror that came free with the issue! Sadly I bought it used so I didn't get the mirror XD but I clearly remember the run to buy it, every gal fighting over it... it was like being in 109 during new year sale XD
Anyway as you can see from the cover that season rokku was veeeery popular, d.i.a and GARULA were the most wanted brands and everyone looked so fierce 

Eriiii I love every outfits even if they're so simple! The two on the right on the left page are my favorites~


It's already clear from those pages what the trends were back then: blackxwhite, leather, rokku elements everywhere! Even the onee coords (like Jun's) has some rokku influence, using some elements like studs on shoes or the jackets


GARULAAAA another trend of that season was western style, so GARULA (which was very western style) had a huge boom together with d.i.a (which still produced western/cowgirl style clothes - it was before Comfilax was created lol)
what makes me go "aw" on those pages is the big use of natural colors, of black and plaid
 
Trends recap
 

 
 
Models x brands! I loved to see some oldschool brands like MeJane, CO&LU and Backs!


SERIKAMACHOOOOOO
 
The model on the left looks like Innu from Akipoyo Gyarusa I'm screaming
(also: YUMACHI MY LOVE)
 
 
Kanako and Eri σ(≧ε≦σ) ♡ so simple and casual yet so stylish



Body/face tattoo!! I didn't see them since years!! Ok I have to say after seeing this that I think that year was really Coachella inspired, the whole western style screamed "Coachella festival" to me, also the golden/silver tattoos, I can't XD


Look at Mipochi on the right ( ; ω ; ) flower maxi dress, a golden lion head necklace (very Gucci) and black leather platforms (♡‿♡)


Mamba spotted!


 
Ugly Riyoko Ikeda style commercial for Eyemazing 
that I just had to show you lol
 
Now for the makeup:





And now, the most relevant part imho:

CAMPUS SUMMIT 2012 meet mixi: LOVE SUNSHINE 2012 SUPER PHOTO LIVE!!!


What's Campus Summit? It is one of the most important parties of the year in Shibuya! It's a BIG party where japanese music industry and fashion industry meets in gyaru style. A whole day to party between runaways, parapara and gal performance!
 
 
 
Since we're back to school this month (lol) here's some kogal inspo!
 
 
 
Clever kogal tricks I wanted to share cuz we don't wanna get caught as gyaru at school lol
 
To finish, the last street snaps:



For the grand finale, the back cover (Akichu and Georgie would appreciate lol)


And that's it! I hope you liked this post if I made mistakes or you want to add something let me know in the comments! I don't speak japanese and I'm not a fashion expert but I hope it was still useful (ノ≧∀≦)ノ
Now I gotta run at my parents house XD thanks for reading and see you soon!
 


 

5 commenti:

  1. Omg I have this one! It's one of my favorites!!!! ♥ So much great inspo here!!! I also bought mine secondhand so no mirror...

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. One of my favorites too! LMAO I'm wondering if anybody actually got that mirror at this point XDDD thank you for reading!

      Elimina
  2. I seriously love this era 😍 I even used to have that American flag sweater!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I love this era too! I love western elements in fashion ;w; I need more american flag items lololol
      thank you for reading <3

      Elimina
  3. I love EGG so much! They are so pretty and cheerful! 🌸

    Blog de la Licorne *

    RispondiElimina